Dover Microsystems is a fast-growing technology startup in the Boston area. It is the first company to commercialize a cybersecurity solution for embedded systems that prevents the exploitation of software vulnerabilities and immunizes processors against entire classes of network-based attacks. With technology based on a $100M DARPA research program, Dover spun-out of Draper in 2017 and has significant commercial traction with customers in the Industrial IoT and semiconductor markets.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented Linux developer to join our team in Waltham, MA. In this role, you will be responsible for Linux kernel and software stack development to support platforms integrated with Dover’s proprietary silicon IP.
If you’re looking to roll up your sleeves, make an immediate impact, and be a highly-visible member of our engineering team, this role might be for you.
- Create and maintain customized Linux distributions that run on our reference platforms. Both in software simulation environments and on hardware.
- Customize Linux kernels and application loaders to support the Dover platform.
- Actively participate in software architectural discussions.
- Develop Linux applications for performance profiling.
- Strong experience in C/C++ programming
- Deep experience with the Linux platform, including kernel memory management internals, virtual memory systems, and application loaders.
- Experience bringing up Linux on FPGA platforms.
- Experience with JTAG and GDB debuggers.
- Independent and self-motivated problem solver and strategic thinker.
- Good planning, time management, decision-making, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years experience working with Linux platforms.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment would be preferred.
Culture & Benefits
Dover Microsystems is located in a beautifully renovated factory building on the banks of the Charles River in Waltham, MA, just a short walk away from the Waltham Carter Street Commuter Rail stop and local restaurants. We have lots of drinks and snacks, plus access to the free on-site fitness center, biking/walking paths, and kayak launches. We’re a small, tight-knit group that works in a relaxed, friendly and highly motivated environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage.
- A flexible take-what-you-need vacation policy, plus official holidays.
- Flexible office hours and work from home options.
- Participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan.